Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wrong choice!

I've been sticking to the raw diet now for 17 days. I caught a cold about 3 days ago and have not yet regained all of my energy. To be honest, I was quite peeved that I caught a cold. I figured that eating 10-12 servings of fruits and veggies each day would boost my immune system something fierce.
Anyway, today I just have not been myself. I'm still dragging and being cooped up for several days while trying to beat this cold has affected my mindset. So tonight I decided that I would "treat" myself to some cooked food. At first I made some brown rice pasta with parmesan and tomatoes. I took about 3 bites of that--it just did not taste good at all. Then I decided that two pieces of toast would be good. I ate both pieces. Within 10 minutes of eating it my stomach bloated out. My stomach just reacted so fiercely to the wheat, it is amazing. I am just dumbfounded. I guess I will stick to the raw food (and no wheat, for sure!!) for the remaining 13 days of this "experiment." Then I will really have to decide if I want to add wheat back to my diet at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment