Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 8

Day 8
Raw granola with raw milk
Herbal tea
Huge fruit salad (bananas, raspberries, apples, oranges) topped with a macadamia nut cream (macadamia nuts, fresh squeezed orange juice, dates, vanilla)--YUM
Lara Bar
Veggie pate with flax crackers
"Green Water" (greens, water, lime)
2 oranges
Slice of raw cheese
Kale salad with mangoes and chia seeds
Chai nut milk

I love making this kale salad. Several years ago, if you would have told me that I would enjoy eating kale, I would not have believed you. If you've tried kale without anything on it, you know it is horribly bitter. The key is to rub salt and lemon juice on it. The recipe I use for this salad has salt, lemon juice, olive oil, agave nectar, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment