Saturday, January 3, 2009

30 Days of Raw--Days 1 and 2

In a kind of personal "experiment," I've started my diet of raw foods for 30 days. After reading so much about the benefits and success stories of people who started eating whole, fresh foods I wanted to see if I might have the same benefits. I did a "green smoothie cleanse" a few months ago and was so pleased with how I felt from doing it, that it inspired me to try out a raw diet for a longer period of time. I am anxious to see if I can clear up my skin, break out of the "fog" that I feel like I'm in most of the time, and get rid of (or minimize) my mood swings.



So I started January 1--here's what I've eaten for the past two days:

Thursday:

Green Smoothie (pineapple, orange, spinach, hemp seed)

Chocolate Smoothie (cashews, dates, cacao powder, bananas)

Slaw (cabbage, carrots, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, agave nectar, lime juice, almonds) on top of spinach leaves and sliced tomatoes

Dried Mangoes

Green Smoothie (cherries, banana, spinach, flax seeds, cacoa nibs, coconut)



Friday:

Green Smoothie (strawberries, mangoes, banana, spinach)

Chai Nut Milk (brazil nuts, dates, cinnamon, cardamom, water)

2 mandarin oranges

Apple

Spinach Salad from The Spicy Pickle (it had blue cheese on it that I tried to avoid most of)

2 Lara Bars (raw food bars you can buy at the grocery store that are made of nuts and dates)

Smoothie (pineapple, banana, oranges, coconut)

Some cucumber slices and apple slices



I would have eaten more on Friday, but I was asleep by 7:00 last night. I remember from my Green Smoothie cleanse that the first three days were days that I felt very fatigued as my body began to clean out--and then the bursts of energy arrived. So I'm hoping that by Monday I'm starting to feel more energetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment