Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6

Woke up so groggy this morning because of very little sleep. I can't figure out why I was awake most of the night because I certainly haven't had any caffeine!
So because I've had a lack of sleep, I've been wanting to just pig out on SAD (Standard American Diet) food all day. I haven't yet, but it definitely makes you aware of how easy it is to reach for junk food when you feel sluggish.

On another note, I'm feeling very inspired by some habits I'm seeing in my 5-year-old. She's now addicted to green smoothies. I used to hide a few leaves of spinach or lettuce in them, but now each night she tells me ingredients to go in the smoothie that I'll make for her breakfast (mornings are much smoother if I've made smoothies the night before) and she always says "greens" as part of the ingredient list. Lately, she's wanted strawberry, peach, banana, greens. I throw in a tablespoon or so of hempseed to boost the protein level.
She also loves for me to make my "chocolate pudding" which she eats with enthusiasm. It is made from avocado, cacoa powder, agave nectar, cashews and macadamia nuts. When we're at the grocery store she'll now beg me to buy avocados so that we'll have ingredients for the pudding. So at the end of the day, even if she's had plenty of chicken nuggets and pizza, if she's finished her smoothie and had some pudding, I know that I've gotten at least 5 or 6 servings of fruits/veggies in her little body!

Day 6
Raw granola with raw milk
herbal tea
Huge green smoothie (4 mandarin oranges, banana, cup of blackberries, 4 huge fistfulls of spinach, hempseed)
A few flax crackers with my carrot-cauliflower pate from yesterday
Some slices of raw cheese
Raisins
Bell pepper stuffed with veggie pate
Apple
Chai nut milk

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh!! I'm going to have to make some of that pudding! Sounds so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete