Thursday, December 18, 2008

Introduction

Hi Everyone
I decided to start a blog to both document my journey of trying to improve my health and eating habits (and my children's eating habits), as well as offer tips that can help your family.
I am going to start 2009 with an experiment: 30 days of raw foods. If you're familiar with the documentary "Simply Raw-Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days " then you've seen how switching to a diet of raw foods (especially if you've been eating the Standard American Diet) can reverse disease and make a person feel better than they ever have in their life.
I have allowed myself to eat plenty of junk over the holiday season--saying "yes" to every cookie that has come my way. But I'm now paying the price for that. I feel very sluggish, borderline depressed, irritable, foggy, and exhausted most of the time. I find that I have really not enjoyed this season very much and I am curious if it has anything to do with the sugar, flour, and fat that I've crammed in my body.
So here goes...30 days of raw foods...let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment